Experienced scientist position: Tenured associate professor in sustainable feeding and nutrition of pigs
Are you the talented candidate who can strengthen and complement our ongoing research in feeding and nutrition science in the Department of Animal Science, Aarhus University? We invite highly qualified applicants for a tenured associate professor/senior scientist position in sustainable feeding and nutrition of pigs. An internationally excellent applicant has the opportunity to secure a competitive starting grant ensuring a successful start in building his/her research team.
A tenured associate professor/senior scientist position in Sustainable feeding and nutrition of pigs is available from 1 June 2018.
The position is focused on research into nutrition and feeding of pigs with special emphasis on digestion, metabolism and improvement of the utilization of nutrients, e.g. minerals and nitrogen, that are among the current challenges for the industry.
The overall scope is to support a sustainable and robust animal production in a regional and global context. With the perspective to improve sustainability and reducing the impact of pig production on environment and climate, the research activities will include studies on e.g. feedstuff quality, feeding techniques, relationship between feeding and nutrition and excretion emission pathways. Your responsibilities will include close integration with and strengthening of the current research profile of the Research unit of Animal Nutrition and Physiology.
You are expected to:
- take initiatives in interdisciplinary research together with local and international research and industry partners,
- secure external funding to establish a successful research program and your own research team,
- collaborate and exchange knowledge with industry and national advisory institutions
- participate in providing research-based consultancy to authorities on animal excretions and emissions, manure components and the development of sustainable animal production,
- supervise students at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels as well as young researchers and technical staff,
- teach courses at Bachelor, Master and PhD levels in the area of environmental impacts of animal production.
Qualifications for the senior scientist or associate professor level at Aarhus University include a very strong academic background, documented successful grant writing and experience with project management, industrial/public sector collaboration, as well as teaching and supervision experience.
You are expected to:
- have a strong research profile in feeding and nutrition of pigs linked to studying sustainable and environmental- and climate-friendly production. An associate professor position requires demonstration of independent and novel research initiatives combined with international experience, as demonstrated by a significant number of international publications.
- lead, collaborate and focus on cross-disciplinary research projects in central elements of the position announced.
- have experience in and take responsibility for conducting experimental work, data analysis, publication of scientific papers and communication of scientific results to both research and industry audiences.
Your place of employment and work
The place of employment is Aarhus University (AU) and the place of work is the Department of Animal Science, Science and Technology, Blichers Allé 20, DK-8830 Tjele. Teaching activities are primarily conducted at AU-Campus, 8000 Aarhus.
Deadline for applications is 2 January 2018.
Read the full vacancy notice here.